Since the FOP project itself does not use any IDE for builds, then the ANT
build process should be considered the standard process for compilation,
junit tests, checkstyle tests, findbugs tests, etc.

I always run:

ant clean junit checkstyle findbugs

in order to verify no reported errors before I commit a change.

I notice also that the nightly build target does not run all the junit
tests. It would be better if it run all of them plus checkstyle and
findbugs.

G.