Greg, I have not interest in moving to any kind of web UI. I want to
send another millions of emails, including those "+1". I think we all
agree that any kind of migration must not disrupt way we work today -
a plain mailing-list we all know and use for decades.

Thanks for decreasing it. I still have concerns about the non-standard
special per-thread address way of replies which I get.

How do I start a new thread via email? Can I do that, can't I?

LZ

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 10:58 AM, Greg Sutcliffe <g...@emeraldreverie.org> wrote:
> On 02/11/17 18:35, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
>> Tried to reply with just few words and I am getting:
>>
>> We’re sorry, but your email message to
>> [“theforeman.discourse+680bec16c469f36694d1ecef341e8...@gmail.com”]
>> (titled Re: [TheForeman] [Testing Area] October newsletter) didn’t
>> work.
>> Reason:
>> Body is too short (minimum is 20 characters)
>> If you can correct the problem, please try again.
>>
>> I am gonna definitely hate this, can we turn this off? A reply of
>> "yes" is still a valid one.
>
> True enough. Of course, that can be altered (seriously, there's a
> setting for *everything*) but I'll give you the Discourse reason for
> that being 20 by default:
>
> Since Discourse is intended as web-first, the idea is that instead of
> "me too", "I like this", "+1" style replies, you should be encouraged to
> click the "Like" button instead. From a discussion viewpoint, a simple
> "yes", while valid, doesn't add to the *debate*, only to the weight of a
> previous opinion, and instead of the topic author having to *manually*
> count up the '+1' posts, (s)he can just look at what got the most likes.
>
> Of course, it's tricky to click a Like by email, so I've reduced it 1
> character minimum for now. Please do test it again.
>
> Longer term, I hope we do move to using the UI features such as likes,
> polls, etc, but I accept that isn't going to happen overnight :D
>
> Greg
>
> --

Later,
  Lukas @lzap Zapletal