I recently (earlier this week) upgraded my home platform with a new motherboard
(MSI A88X-G43), 64-bit Windows 7 and 16 GB of RAM on the recommendation of a
friend who's en electrical engineer and services control systems at various
industrial plants across the southeastern U.S. His house is probably wired
better than any computer store. And he has helped out at various times in the
past, so I trust his opinion.

The C-drive partition of my hard drive is for my programs and the D-drive
partition is for my data folders and files.

Before doing the upgrade, I backed up (copied) everything from both the C and D
drives onto my external hard drive.

I then deactivated and uninstalled FrameMaker 10, then uninstalled Acrobat 9; I
could find nothing about deactivating it before uninstalling it.

Now, after the upgrade, I reinstalled FrameMaker 10 (using the 30-day trial
button during these tests) and it runs fine.

But Acrobat 9 Pro will not install. Instead, right after the opening
("splash"?) screen, a popup appears with the message, "Setup has detected that
you already have a more functional product installed. Setup will now terminate"
and the "OK" button.

I noted that when I open an existing pdf file, it displays in HTML but exactly
as a pdf file.

So I once more uninstalled FrameMaker 10 and even did a system restart, but
with no luck. The same popup appears when I try to install Acrobat 9 and I
don't know where to go from here. Is there a registry listing or something that
I should edit? And if so, where and how?

I understand that if all else fails, I'm looking at doing a total Windows 7
RE-install.

Cripe. What a way to start the new year.