At 05:37 -0700 12/4/07, Rene Stephenson wrote:

>We're moving toward automating the PDF creation process from our FM files,
>though, and I don't know if we'll be able to get it fully automated if we're
>having to run a plugin between importing from the settings file to switch
>conditions and variable definitions, and then generating the PDF.  So, it
>would be better if we could just get the paragraph formats behaving properly
>despite changing conditions along the way for the various flavors of output.
>Right now it takes 8-12 hours for a team of 4 to generate our 7 documents, and
>this Frame Above / Frame Below problem with the paragraph formats is one of
>the main hindrances to automation.

If I get of whiff of what might trigger it, I'll be sure to post it here.

Tell you something that might be vaguely relevant. In another book and template
entirely, I've made extensive use of the method of negative vertical spacing to
'slide' graphics behind paras, mainly because of the limitations of the 'frame
below' option - mainly, that 'below' means 'below'. I think the original idea
came from Hedley Finger, for which, thanks. It might be a solution to your
problem, although it carries other issues, such as triggering the screen redraw
bug big-time.

I have a demo file I can send you offline if you're interested.

--
Steve