Makes you wonder if he understands what distributed computing means. He
can walk over to the user's computer, manually give the user Admin
rights, install the software, and then downgrade the user rights.

THAT is the solution that he has. Waiting for anything else is lunacy. I
wish him well in his pursuit of security. Next he will want to remove
all computers from external sources and keep them only on the company
net. If he needs that kind of security then he should do it, and deal
with the extra work it makes for him.

Scott