Martijn Pieters wrote:
On Dec 13, 2007 5:06 PM, Steve McMahon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Please consider PLIP #209:

http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/209

for Plone 3.1 The proposal is to provide a version of the Unified
Installer that builds the base Python, but then uses buildout for the
final steps. The would replace the existing Unified Installer, which
is based on the traditional tarball installation approach.

Having never used the unified installer myself, I find it hard to
fully appreciate the risks involved with using buildout for this.
However, I am a great fan of buildout and using it as a basis for
Plone installs is in my opinion a honking great idea.

As a non-voting member, I'm incredibly supportive of this - we have too many different and confusing ways for users to install Plone right now and it makes support hard.

I really hope the Windows installer can catch up!

Martin