'...I've been on this listserv for less than two hours, and I'm
already receiving emails comprised of snarky infighting and character
assassination.Honestly, it's my fault. I was warned. I've
heard from many sources, i.e. young experimental filmmakers, that this
listserv was a space of negativity, where people were shamed and
attacked over the most innocuous things......
You should all maybe give this some thought.'

hahaha oh wow.
I've been on this list since 96 or 97; in fact I got my first personal email
specifically to join it.

Jona, if you think this is bad, you have NO. IDEA. lol

Frameworks is quite tame these days, there have been some MASSIVE
disagreements, that went on and on for ever.
And many written by some quite verbose people. Lots and lots and LOTS of words
to make their point.

It's too bad that your whole experience lasted 2 hours, because it makes me
wonder about the attention span of youth.
Is it really that much of an instant gratification generation that you get in,
judge, and get out so quickly?
That is really interesting to me. Some things take more time. A lot more time.
I wonder what this world is changing into, and what the future will be like,
with such an impatient generation.
Curious.

Also, if you choose to focus on only the negative, that is what you get.
There are lots of posts, and honestly, I don't even notice that much negativity
these days.....

Sooooo....you get what you look for, I guess.
I truly appreciate this list as a place to go to for giving and taking of
information, and it's a great community.
The film world would be a lesser place without it.

MHO

Kristie Reinders, B.F.A.

Director of Cinematography, Electric Visions

Curator and Head Projectionist, Electric Mural Project

The Mission, San Francisco, CA

'A first class technician should work best under pressure.'

- - - Issac Asimov