''Is there anything we could do to improve things? To intervene?''

Maybe by joining-

''Millennium is a member-based organization.* Members are encouraged to
participate in operations and leadership, discuss and decide strategic
direction, and annually elect the governing board*.''

http://millenniumfilm.org/membershipandsupport/