Julian Elischer wrote:
> interesting but not exactly brief.. :-)

Does brevity really matter?

You asked "why".  I gave a reference in the general class;
Jake gave a specific reference for the upcall issues he think
the code will face.

I think you have enough justification for Jake's position to
just accept it, and move on, leaving the hard stuff to Jake.

If you really want to press a large structure size for some
reason, I think the ball is in your court to prove why larger
is better than smaller for x86; it's been proven that it's not,
for SPARC, I think.

-- Terry