On Friday, June 6, 2003, at 08:53 AM, Soeren Schmidt wrote:

It seems David Leimbach wrote:
So... I have this nice SATA drive and controller which I believe is
supported
by FreeBSD but not in the default build for releases.

What is the best way to cross-build a version of FreeBSD's release ISOs
that
will include drivers not included in the default distribution? Or is
it possible
to supply a driver during sysinstall time to have FreeBSD recognize my
hard disk?

There is no ATA support that is not included in the stock GENERIC kernel, so I'm not sure what you mean here ? It would be helpfull to know what controller and disk we are talking about, 'a' SATA controller and disk isn't really helpfull :)

Interesting... I thought for certain someone had told me there was a driver
for the Silicon Image Sil 3112A Controller in FreeBSD.

The disk is a Western Digital "Raptor"
http://www.westerndigital.com/en/products/serialata/ EnterpriseDrives.asp#spec

So far it works quite nicely with Mandrake 9.1. I have another disk I can load
FreeBSD onto. How would I go about getting/adding support for this controller?

Dave

-Søren