On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 01:58:59PM -0500, Mike Jeays wrote:
> Brett Glass wrote:
>

> GCC is a great gift to the world, and has made a huge difference to
> the development of open-source software.  It can't be all that mediocre
> if it has destroyed the market for higher-quality compilers!

Windows is of great benefit to the world.  It can't be all that
mediocere if it has destroyed the market for higher-quality operating
systems!

:)

That said, this is an arguement that regualrly appears in this list, has
been beaten to death, and, most importantly, doesn't belong here.  Take
it to email or a "talk," "advocacy," or "discussion" list.

(and please take the trolls who have latched on with you!).

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700      \ /   against HTML mail