On 18.05.2020 23:28, Jerome Shidel wrote:

>> Hehe, I have bad news for you Jerome. I reviewed French translations and
>> I (or rather, the spellchecker and the Grammalecte tool) caught several
>> mistakes in choice, edlin, fc, fdnpkg, find, freecom_err, freecom_lng,
>> help, htmlhelp, md5sum, more, move, password, sort, trch, tree, and
>> xcopy. I already filed a report
>> (<https://github.com/FDOS/freecom/issues/25>) for FreeCOM containing the
>> updated translations, but for the remaining ones it looks like fd-nls
>> will be their new home (see <https://github.com/shidel/fd-nls/issues/4>) :P
> (...)
> If you’ve found spelling and grammatical errors, please update them and
> submit a
> Pull request.

I'm cardpuncher on GitHub, so... :) You already committed the files I
attached to the bug report, thanks for that.

> Actually, the current FR & TR files are semi-broken. The RBE (Release Build
> Environment)
> throws many errors while parsing those CSV files. Mostly, they have an extra
> column. The RBE

I wonder where that extra column comes from. I worked on the file with
LibreOffice Calc. Maybe it would be better if I sent you an ods file
instead of a csv.

> complains and ignores it. However, some entries cause it to basically say
> "HUH?” and just ignore
> the entire translation for that package. The RBE outputs a message for
> missing translations data.
> I need to add something that also lists missing entries. (if no translation
> at all, it doesn’t complain… yet)
>
> If you could spend a few minutes and check out the LOG to fix the current
> issues, I’d really appreciate it.
> I’m really getting tired of seeing hundreds of translation errors during
> release test builds. :-)

Ouch. I would happily do my best but I'm afraid I would also need some
hand holding. To begin with, where can I take a look at that log?

> Meanwhile, I’ll spend a couple minutes and throw together a bash script, that
> will compare the main English CSV to a
> translation and generate a "What’s needed” CSV.

I saw your new csv and updated the translation in French. That said, I
noticed that several non free programs were included like unrar, xcdrom
or gsplay and some other programs labelled as "Freeware", "Greenware"
(?) and "emailware". Have they just slipped through or does the FreeDOS
project accept non free stuff in the distribution?