From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ulrich Hansen [EMAIL
PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 6:10 PM
To: freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Freedos-user] Can write but not read network share

Hi,

I did some testing:

a) Connection between FreeDOS 1.0 and FAT32 drive in Windows XP:

I used my FreeDOS 1.0 machine and MS Client 3.0. I entered:

net use I: \\laptop\usbstick

to map a FAT32 USB-stick connected to my Windows XP laptop to be the
local  drive I: in my FreeDOS laptop. Creating, browsing, reading and
writing files on I:\ worked without problem.

So I cannot reproduce Davids problem here.

b) Connection between FreeDOS 1.0 and FreeDOS 1.0

I run MS Client as client on one machine and on the other one as server.

With the client I connect to the other freedos machine with

net use I: \\freedos2\disk

The command "dir" results indeed in:

"unimplemented internal dos funktion INT2F/120a"

No files and directories are shown.

Like described I can only browse through directories if I know their
name, and create files. Editing remote files sometimes crashes Jemmex
on the remote machine - I think this is a memory problem, as I use
TCP/IP as MS Client's protocol and this leaves conventional memory on
the server under 470kB.

Using NetBEUI protocol instead of TCP/IP:

Using NetBEUI protocol leaves more free memory on the remote server
(560kB), so Jemmex on the server doesn't crash when I edit remote
files on the local client.

The "INT2F/120a" error message isn't shown when using the NetBEUI
protocol. But the command "dir" doesn't show anything - at first:
After typing "dir" a second time, all files and directories are shown
as they should. The procedure is repeated - I have type "dir" twice to
get a listing.

Interesting problem. Seems to occur to other people as well...

http://www.wintotal-forum.de/index.php/topic,67037.15.html
http://www.nabble.com/Kernel-Problems-td1664097.html

Uli

PS: I have 40 and 60 GB hdds in the two machines but use in each only
a 80 MB partition for freedos.