> Indeed, sorry.

No reason to feel sorry for this.

>> That is, do
>> you have a command prompt?
>
> Yes. Otherwise I couldn't load escape.

You're right, I should have thought about this before. Without some
special hack and if there's no CONFIG.SYS that could INSTALL= the program,
this isn't possible.

>> Could you please test whether aborting some other
>> application (no COMMAND.COM type program) works in FreeDOS?
>
> Yes, first he application will be terminated and then also the command
> interpreter which results in the same bug.

Well this shouldn't happen (and won't be fixed by the bugfix in my
previous mail), it should only abort the application. Are you sure you
pressed F12 only one time?

Regards,
Christian