Am 09.08.2010 18:59, schrieb Alain Mouette:
> A sI said, I just installed a FreeDOS machine with those realtec drivers
> las week,
> Using www.netbootdisk.com

Netbootdisk is really impressive. Automatic network driver detection,
98 different drivers on a 1.44 MB disk. There's even a nice video
walkthrough for those who want to get an impression of the software:
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb3YcLDpa8U>

Netbootdisk does not install packet drivers. It installs a NDIS driver
and MS Client so you can create and use network shares. Netbootdisk
also installs a shim that makes the NDIS driver work as packet driver
as well, so you can use ftp or ping.

Nevertheless if you don't want MS Client you may be better off with
just a packet driver (if there is one), which leaves more free memory
for applications.

>> I installed FreeDOS in Virtualbox last week. Virtualbox uses a AMD
>> PCnet-Fast III card. A free packet driver "pcntpk.com" for this card
>> is available at:
>> <http://www.crynwr.com/drivers/amdpd.zip>

Correction: I just saw that the driver is already part of the FreeDOS
"FullCD" distribution. So if the network part has been installed, it
can be located here:

C:\FDOS\DRIVERS\NET\CRYNWR\PCNTPK.COM

The virtual network card of vbox should be automatically detected by
the FreeDOS installer and a line be added to AUTOEXEC.BAT. If this is
not the case, automatic detection can be restarted with:

C:\FDOS\CRYNWR.BAT