Hi,
   Are you running latest FreeDOS kernel and HIMEMX + JEMM386?
(Somehow I doubt it.) Try upgrading a few of your system files and try
again. Else try booting a somewhat cleaner config without a lot of
extra TSRs and drivers. You'll have to give more details, though, for
further guesses.

http://www.freedos.org/software/?prog=kernel
http://www.freedos.org/software/?prog=himemx
http://www.freedos.org/software/?prog=jemm386