On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Евгений Нежданов <copperm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, dear FreeDOS community members! I please answer all to my questions:
> 1. You want to have in the FreeDOS distribute more powerful text editor as
> standard text editor?

No.  The default is fine.  The whole world doesn't need all the
features you list below.  They just want to do simple edits on files.
the best editor will be the one similar to what they are already
familiar with that will let them edit with a minimal learning curve.

> 2. These editor must be only 8086 or can be 80386 (8086 machines used only
> by nostalgy value by museum staffs)?

8086 compatibilty would be nice for those using FreeDOS on ancient hardware.

> 3. Editor must be written on the Pascal or BASIC language? I convinced that
> the C language is does not work properly with the strings.

Learn more about C.  Most editors these days are written in C/C++.
It's handling of strings differs from Pascal, but that does not make
it unsuitable as an implementation language.

As for BASIC, bad enough to code in it.

> 4. Editor must be have:
> 4.1. Calculator;
> 4.2. ASCII table;
> 4.11. Calendar.

The question is whether they should be wrapped in a UI.  The RHIDE
product available with FreeDOS has these, selectable from a Borland
Turbo style UI.

If you don't insist on wrapping them in a UI, it's easier to have them
as separate utilities available in a sub-shell.

> 4.3. Inbuild cyrillic font;

> 4.4. Support to external fonts;

> 4.5. Support the copy/paste;
> 4.6. Support the block selection;
> 4.7. Support the line selection;
> 4.8. Support the paragraph formatting;
> 4.9. Support the change case of the selected text;

> 4.10. Have a inbuild BASIC language interpretter;

Why?

> 5. Editor must be work in the graphics or text mode?

Text is fine.  I see no use case for graphics mode.

> 6. Editor in what license type:
> 6.1. GNU GPL v2;
> 6.2. GNU GPL v3;
> 6.3. Apache license;