On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 4:08 PM, Dale E Sterner <sunbeam...@juno.com> wrote:

> Not for me. Will use Dennis's link to read about it.

Please do.  I'm a little startled that you *didn't* know what a VM was.

> Everybody seems to run DOS under something else like
> Windows.

Because everyone else runs something other than DOS as their main OS.

> I never have and never will. It's all by itself on a very fast cf chip.
> Learning a lot from these emails.

I hope so.

> A lot of stuff that I've never heard of before.

It's splendid that DOS run off a CF card meets your needs, but you
seem to have managed to remain oblivious to most things that happened
*after* DOS.  No one will twist your arm behind your back and force
you to use something newer, but you *do* need to at least be aware
that newer things exist and have a vague ides of what they are and why
they are used.

> cheers
> DS
______