On 20-11-2015 22:36, Rugxulo wrote:
> Just to give some minor feedback for your valiant efforts ....
Thanks :) :)

> It does whine at bootup about "home/alain" (shared) not existing, but
> I didn't test that functionality yet.
That is just the shared folder configuration, it is the best way to
access your machine's files.
I am not sure what would be the best default configuration

> Didn't test any graphical stuff (e.g. Doom) yet.
when you can, please report :)

> I had to switch from (default) "bridged" to "NAT" first, in VBox
> settings.
I use Bridged to share resources on my local network.
We could change that in a general distribution

> Well, I haven't tested much else (e.g. Links2) yet, but I did use the
> host (Linux) wget to grab the old FreeDOS/DJGPP build of wget from
> iBiblio. Once I created a simple wattcp.cfg (and "set WATTCP.CFG=..."
> accordingly in autoexec.bat) and created a wgetrc, then it seems to
> work fine, e.g. grabbing a .ZIP file from https://sites.google.com/....
:) :) :)

> The bigger problem, beyond even translated text, is the unfamiliarity
> of the keyboard layout. For instance, finding chars like '\' and '/'
> seems a bit difficult (at least to my uninformed self). A quick Google
> image search shows that some .br keyboards have a key to the left of
> the 'z' char, which I sadly do not, heh. Sure, numpad has '/' but it's
> not available in all contexts.
That should be configures in Autoexec.bat using standard FreeDOS keyb

> Other minor comments:
>
> * NDN (2006) isn't even latest (2010) version:  http://ndn.muxe.com/
I have been using this for years, as it is 'just-fine" I never bothered
to upgrade.
I will have a look at the new one.

Alain