Rob Crittenden wrote:
Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
  On 04/04/2011 06:22 PM, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
On 04/04/2011 03:43 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 04/03/2011 05:41 PM, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
According to Red Hat Network it does:

ipa-server-2.0.0-16.el6.x86_64
<https://rhn.redhat.com/rhn/software/packages/details/Overview.do?pid=619857>
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Beta (v. 6 for 64-bit x86_64)
ipa-server-2.0.0-16.el6.i686
<https://rhn.redhat.com/rhn/software/packages/details/Overview.do?pid=617431>
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Beta (v. 6 for 32-bit x86)

Thanks for pointing this out, I'm installing RHEL 6.1 beta now. :)

It is not the final bits though. There have done several bug fixes
since then that will show up in the final 6.1 release.

Ok, thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

I think I might have a found a few bugs in the RHEL 6.1 beta release.
Please correct me if you're already aware of these.

Unless FQDN of the host is returned when running `hostname`, the IPA
services will fail to start as they return "No such object" when
querying the IPA LDAP for services. Shouldn't this be changed to use
`hostname -f` ?

AFAIK we don't call `hostname` in our script, it may be that another part of init does. We have a ticket open on this, #1035.

ipa-replica-prepare fails with the error message below. I cannot find
the plugin mentioned as a seperate RPM.
# ipa-replica-prepare
The 389-ds replication plug-in was not found on this system

The package is named ds-replication. I'll open a ticket to make this more explicit.

This requirement is mentioned in the revised doc, due to be published very soon (next few days). Under "Software Requirements", it states that "If you are going to use replication, install the ds-replication package, available from the Enterprise Identity Replication channel"

Apologies that it missed the initial cut.

See also Kevin Unthank's reply about requesting an eval entitlement.

David

thanks

David O'Brien
Senior Content Author
Engineering Content Services (ECS)
Red Hat Asia Pacific Pty Ltd
+61 7 3514 8189

"We couldn't care less about comfort. We make you feel good."
 ~ Federico Minoli CEO Ducati Motor S.p.A.