On 04/08/2011 02:38 AM, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Please disregards Steven Jones' ranting, this was not the kind of feedback I
> was looking for.
>
> Ok, I do like the wider options for channels in Red Hat, but this bring me to
> my next question:
> Will there be an extra charge for this add on channel, or will this be
> included in the base
> subscription?
>
> If $answer = yes { Why does Red Hat think they can charge more for a feature
> that is included in
> it's competitors base license for the equivalent product? }
>
> Else if $answer = no { Great! :) }
>

> Rgds,
> Siggi
I will leave to Kevin to describe details but in a nutshell the
replication and or synchronization with AD (same channel) is not free.
Red Hat worked out a competitive pricing model for this product and some
of the cost is attached to the replication bits.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IPA project,