In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Mark Constable  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>On Sat, 24 Nov 2001 23:23, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>> Pick up where Chad Miller left off... see
>> http://lists.cistron.nl/pipermail/freeradius-devel/2001-July/001125.html
>
>Great, thanks for the pointer. The included URL in the one
>above did not work, so I at least tried to extract the
>manual in CVS but there are two .dsl DocBook files missing,
>which I don't know how to reconstruct, so I simply stripped
>out the XML and quickly formatted it to 72 columns.
>
> http://freeradius.opensrc.org/Operating-Manual.txt
>
>At least it's readable... somewhere.

I tried it myself, and if you're running Debian/Linux it's simply
a matter of "apt-get install docbook-dsssl jade". 'docbook-dsssl'
contains the .dsl files,  and 'jade', well, is "jade".

$ sudo apt-get install docbook-dsssl jade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  docbook libsp1 sgml-base sgml-data
  docbook docbook-dsssl jade libsp1 sgml-data
1 packages upgraded, 5 newly installed, 0 to remove and 360  not upgraded.

Then you need to change the STYLESHEETROOT in Makefile to
STYLESHEETROOT = /usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/dsssl/modular/
and jade will work.

Then it complains that it cannot find pdfjadetex, lets see ..
ah, need to install "jadetex". Right ..

$ sudo apt-get install jadetex
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  libkpathsea3 libwww0 tetex-base tetex-bin tetex-extra texinfo
  jadetex libkpathsea3 libwww0 tetex-base tetex-bin tetex-extra texinfo
0 packages upgraded, 7 newly installed, 0 to remove and 360  not upgraded.
Need to get 26.6MB of archives. After unpacking 70.2MB will be used.

70 MB?!! Oh well. I upgraded /usr from 500 MB to 1GB last week anyway..

Right ... it prints about 20 pages of warnings on my screen, but it
does output a PDF and a HTML file. I've put it online at
http://www.miquels.cistron.nl/freeradius-manual/

Check it out, it's very pretty. Chad did a great job. Now all
we need is someone to finish it ...

Mike.
--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
 and I'm not sure about the former" -- Albert Einstein.