On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 01:42:02PM -0600, Chris Parker wrote:
>At 10:35 AM 11/28/2001 -0800, Bill Campbell wrote:
>>I've got a script that creates normal html, single-document html (easier to
>>search and print), and text output from DocBook SGML input.  The fact that
>>DocBook automatically handles table of contents and the Index makes it far
>>more useful than if I had to do all this manually.
>
>TOC/Indexing automagically could be useful.
>
>However, in order to use it, I have to learn a whole new markup language.

Been there, done that.  I've even attempted to put up with emacs to use
their sgml mode, but find myself back in old-faithful vi when my
frustration level goes over the top (even using emacs vi mode :-).  That's
also what led me to write my mm2docbook filters so I can write using my
normal markup, and convert very quickly.

>Irony of ironies, the documentation for JADE ( the editor recommended
>on the docbook site ) sucks.

I think that jade isn't an editor, but a front-end processor that hides
some of the docbook (or other DTD) stuff from the user.  I further hide
that by wrapping it in some perl and shell scripts that invoke it the way I
want to use it.

One of the other things that Phil Hughes mentioned when I was talking to
him was that he's been using abiword, and that it groks sgml.  I don't
normally use GUI-anything for writing, but I've downloaded the latest
sources, and will be giving it a look shortly.

>If someone else wants to put it in docbook format and maintain it, feel
>free to do so.  :)

I will most likely be adding freeradius documentation to our general
support documentation.  This will probably be aimed at the ISP's support
people who need to modify the users file for their customer's requirements.
Anything that's generally useful, I can make available.

--
Bill

``The Income Tax has made more Liars out of American people than Golf has.''
    Will Rogers

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html