At 10:35 AM 11/28/2001 -0800, Bill Campbell wrote:
>On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 11:39:05AM -0600, Chris Parker wrote:
> >I dislike having to install additional things just to read a manual page,
> >or to edit it.  I'm just lazy I guess.  :)
>
>The whole object of SGML and DocBook is to allow one to maintain a single
>source from which one can produce html, text, or typeset text.  Once
>converted to html, much of the interesting information is lost (such as the
>ability to create automatic indexes).
>
>I've got a script that creates normal html, single-document html (easier to
>search and print), and text output from DocBook SGML input.  The fact that
>DocBook automatically handles table of contents and the Index makes it far
>more useful than if I had to do all this manually.

TOC/Indexing automagically could be useful.

However, in order to use it, I have to learn a whole new markup language.

Irony of ironies, the documentation for JADE ( the editor recommended
on the docbook site ) sucks.

I'll keep working on expanding what I have at:

   http://www.segv.org/freeradius/toc.html

The html editor for mozilla is actualy very well done, and that's what
I'm using.  You can flip on the fly between editing raw markup html
and wysiwyg, which is quite cool.  You can save as HTML or TEXT ( where
TEXT is de-htmlized and wrapped at 80 columns ).

If someone else wants to put it in docbook format and maintain it, feel
free to do so.  :)

-Chris
--
    \\\|||///  \  Chris Parker    -    Manager, Development Engineering
    \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    | @   @ |    \   http://www.starnetwx.net \      (847) 963-0116
                   \ Without C we would have 'obol', 'basi', and 'pasal'

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html