can you try it without all the \ characters? You shouldn't need them if it's all on one line
On Wed, 9 Aug 2017, Z Hessam wrote:

$>freeview -v \    bert/mri/T1.mgz \    bert/mri/wm.mgz \
bert/mri/brainmask.mgz \    bert/mri/aseg.mgz:colormap=lut:opacity=0.2
mri_read(): couldn't determine type of file
/media/hessam91/driver2/freesurfer/freesurfer/subjects/
MRIread failed: Unable to read from
/media/hessam91/driver2/freesurfer/freesurfer/subjects/
mri_read(): couldn't determine type of file
/media/hessam91/driver2/freesurfer/freesurfer/subjects/

I use the example 4 in the "download and install" page of site

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 8:44 PM, Bruce Fischl <fis...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>