From: aussieshepsrock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Scanner software works in 10.3 but not 10.4--how come?
To: "G3-5 List" <g3-5-list@googlegroups.com>
Date: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 4:21 PM

HiYa Tom,
   This may be a "stupid" question, but upon scanning through this
thread a very straight forward solution is jumping out at me. That
solution is to operate in 10.3 to use this scanner. The 'stupid'
question is whether that overlooks anything seriously important to the
functionality or 'safety' of Tom's hardware. I know for a fact that
choose the SCSI Scanner Tom has decided upon to undertake his Slide
Scanning with means he took the Much LESS Expensive route for
accomplishing it.  He was able to do so because he has a SCSI capable
computer. If the march of time in the OS world left the Minolta
Software behind, I am of the opinion that he should go "Oh Well" and
continue to use 10.3 until his scanning is done. If it's necessary to
keep both 10.3 and 10.4 OS's around, it's a small inconvenience to
live with -Unless- there are technical obstacles to that. Personally,
I'm of the mind that if 10.4 is a requirement for Tom to be in or
primarily use, get another quicksilver or a more upscale machine and
dedicate one to his Film Scanning. It might also speed up his scanning
a lot because he can fiddle away on one Mac while the other fiddles
away on his scanning.

Please Enlighten Me on any 'holes' in my thoughts on Tom's
obstacles
here. Knowlege is a wonderful thing.

Richard