I'll check out the SCSI card driver update Kris, thanks. Don't know if
that will fix the software, though. Got my fingers crossed. I'll
report back when I try it, in a day or so. Too busy to fool with it
just at the moment.

Thanks Brian, I did buy VueScan, and it will run the scanner, all
right, but very slowly, and with a clunky interface. The scanner works
so slowly under VueScan that I sometimes think it didn't get a
command, it just sits there idle for so long, and I'm about to give up
when it finally starts to do something. And VueScan only has a
fraction of the controls that the original Minolta software does, for
correction of color, gamma, contrast, etc. It's loaded with all sorts
of adjustment windows, sliders, and graphs. Best of all, the software
runs the scanner really fast compared to VueScan. It responds to
commands instantly. I'd sure like to get that Minolta software working
in 10.4.

John, I'm glad to see others still using these fine Dimage scanners.
Do you have any idea where to get replacement lamps for them? They
surely can't last forever, and if the lamps can't be bought anymore,
there goes the scanner, to the junk pile. I've been worried about
that. Minolta has bit the dust, and  is out of the camera and scanner
business. There is no more support. But surely there are enough of
these Minoltas still in use for some manufacturer to stock bulbs for
them, wouldn't you think? If you know of any source, please let me
know.

Thanks to all for the help!

Tom