LoisTed Macdonald wrote:

> Medical report
>
> Patient's name: Gaidhlig gu Leor
>
> Patient's condition: reflexes - poor. Not responding to normal stimuli.
>
> Prognosis: Transfusion of new blood is desperately needed. Patient is
> showing minimal vital signs and may soon be beyond point of recovery.
>
> Symptoms: Patient has been heard to speak a strange language, in the
> expectation of some response. Lack of response is causing severe
> depression, which could lead to further decline in vital signs.
>
> Treatment: Since the ailment results from lack of response,and since the
> patient is essentially a social entity requiring constant feedback from
> other members of the society that shares this strange language, it is
> recommended that the patient be sedated until such time as it can be shown
> that there is an interest in the community at large in assisting with the
> patient's revival.
>
> In the absence of any signs of community interest I am prepared to withdraw
> life support systems, and the death certificate is on file, ready to be signed.
>
> Yours in the interest of good health,
>
> Dr. Eideard

Eideird cḥir,

Perhaps the list is suffering from a lack of sunshine, short days, 22 consecutive
days of rain, and a general torpor that seems to set in every year about this time,
which I always blame on the weather.....

My prescription would be a traditional three-day Cape Breton party, of  which only
scattered and embarrassing fragments will be remembered. Unfortunately, I'm too
old  to survive them any more.
Well, maybe not, but I'm too scared to try......

I think we'll get back on track before too long.........

Le meas,
Aonghas