On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 7:13 PM, Saba Sehrish <ssehr...@fnal.gov> wrote:

> On Feb 18, 2014, at 12:23 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 6:14 PM, Saba Sehrish <ssehr...@fnal.gov> wrote:
> >> I am using *.loc files, to create a bunch of tables I need, but I want
> >> display complete tables (e.g. from .loc file) with clickable elements
> >> for users so that their input could be captured.
> >>
> >> For example if in my .loc file I have the following contents
> >>
> >> Model   Size    Path
> >> M001    L180    full path to some file
> >> M002    L256    full path to some file
> >>
> >> And I want this information to appear in the form of an html table
> >> (can be some other table as well) when user loads the tool, and
> >> all M001, M002 should be clickable elements.
> >>
> >> Once clicked they should be navigated to another table with more
> options.
> >
> > By clickable, are you wanting selection by row - or by cell?
> > If by row this doesn't sound so different to how Galaxy's
> > current *.loc parameters work...
> >
> > Peter
>
> Its a row but the concern is that each row has 10 numbers in

it, and I have tried using .loc file to display this information to

the users in the form of a pull-down menu. It is difficult for

users to see the complete row with proper formatting and

table header to describe what does each number mean.

So the idea is to display this information in the form of a

table (using html, js) to the users instead of a select/pull

down menu.

OK - so no deep changes to the Galaxy parameter data
model etc would be needed (which is good news), 'just'
a new table rendering of a *.loc based parameter.
However, I'm not in a position to judge how much work
that would be...

On the bright side, from the API and functional testing
point of view, this would be just like the current *.loc
based parameters

(Hopefully one of the Galaxy team can give you a
more informed opinion.)