On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 9:59 PM, Saba Sehrish <ssehr...@fnal.gov> wrote:

> On Feb 18, 2014, at 3:22 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> OK - so no deep changes to the Galaxy parameter data
>> model etc would be needed (which is good news), 'just'
>> a new table rendering of a *.loc based parameter.
>> However, I'm not in a position to judge how much work
>> that would be...
>>

> Yes, correct. Thats the part where I am stuck. all the galaxy
> tools are expected to work from command line, but here we
> need to extract the inputs from a "rendered table" out of .loc
> file. I have tried to embed some html in the wrapper xml file
> for the tool, I am using CDATA and then html tags with in
> it and combine with xml input tags for the command line
> but it still does't get me closer to what I need to do.

I very much doubt this could be done in an individual tool
wrapper XML file. Unless there is some trick I'm missing,
in order to do this you (or someone else) will have to add
new code to the Galaxy core itself.

Essentially, in addition to the current *.loc based <param>
display options like drop down selection lists, and multi-
select check boxes, a new table based view would be
needed.

But as I said, a more expert opinion from the Galaxy team
would be useful here.