On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I retitled this since the TestToolShed does seem to be running tests
> regularly again. However, I still have a fair number failing with the
> cryptic status "Exception: History in error state."
>
> I guess the logging changes John tried are not propagated to the
> user-facing output on the ToolShed, but might still offer you some
> clues?
>
> It appears from the stack trace to be something with uploading
> the test input files into the new history?
>
> My current list of tools with failing tests is:
>
> https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/blast2go
> https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/blastxml_to_top_descr
> https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/clinod
> https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/fastq_paired_unpaired
> https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/get_orfs_or_cdss
> https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/mira_assembler
> https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/ncbi_blast_plus
> https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/nlstradamus
> https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/seq_primer_clip
>
> I have updated some of the tools I listed below (in the older email),
> so their latest revision has not yet been tested.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter

Hi guys,

The good news is my list of failing tools has shrunk to the following,
none of which seem to have been tested yet in December, stuck
with "Exception: Job in error state.":

https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/blast2go
https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/blastxml_to_top_descr
https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/clinod
https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/mira_assembler
https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/nlstradamus

Meanwhile, on the main tool,  "Exception: Job in error state."
and not yet tested in December:

https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/blast2go

It would be nice to have a more informative error here...

Have these tools been automatically earmarked not to be retested?
Note that some tools have been tested earlier this month:

I also have a legitimate failure for missing tests, run 2014-12-09,
https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/ncbi_blast_plus

And again, a legitimate failure for some missing tests on the
main Tool Shed, also run on 2014-12-09,
https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/devteam/ncbi_blast_plus

Regards,

Peter