On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 2:03 PM, John Chilton <jmchil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 5:46 AM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> The good news is my list of failing tools has shrunk to the following,
>> none of which seem to have been tested yet in December, stuck
>> with "Exception: Job in error state.":
>>
>> https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/blast2go
>> https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/blastxml_to_top_descr
>> https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/clinod
>> https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/mira_assembler
>> https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/nlstradamus
>>
>> Meanwhile, on the main tool,  "Exception: Job in error state."
>> and not yet tested in December:
>>
>> https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/blast2go
>>
>> It would be nice to have a more informative error here...
>
> Ugh - yes it clearly would - very sorry about that.
>
> https://trello.com/c/BZUaMnJB
>

>> Have these tools been automatically earmarked not to be retested?
>> Note that some tools have been tested earlier this month:
>>
>> I also have a legitimate failure for missing tests, run 2014-12-09,
>> https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/ncbi_blast_plus
>>

> Interesting... some tests did run though? Does the framework not
> report passing tests - seems like it would be hard to know if it
> working in that case.

The "Latest revision: all tool tests pass" search returns lots of
repositories, but I must examine each one-by-one to see when
the tests were last run. The sample I just checked on the main
Tool Shed were all lasted tested 2014-11-23,

https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/align_back_trans
https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/blast_rbh
https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/blastxml_to_top_descr
https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/clinod
https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/seq_select_by_id

However at least some tests have been run in December, e.g.
https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/devteam/ncbi_blast_plus

Things seem similar on the Test Tool Shed. Presumably you
can sort the test results over the entire Tool Shed via a
database search? That might help explain any pattern here.

Thanks,

Peter