Ok, it is not the same problem we have encountered a few years ago.

I doubt, that it is a system permission issue. All data files belong to galaxy (or the user the galaxy server is running as), and the access is regulated by the PostgreSQL (or MySQL or SQlite) database. I can only imagine the following case: you have restarted the Galaxy server as a different user than before?

To me, it rather looks like something has changed in the apache set-up and I am not an expert on this. I hope some-else can pick up this e-mail thread

Hans-Rudolf