Louise-Amélie Schmitt wrote:

> > default_cluster_job_runner will remain for backwards compatibility, but
> > we'll ship a sample job_conf.xml that runs everything locally by
> > default.
> >
> > --nate
>
> Haha, and I did that before realizing I could do just what I needed by
> writing tool-specific pbs:// URLs at the end of the config file... I'm such
> an idiot.

Haha, okay, I don't think i even noticed since I was distracted by your
implementation being a step in the way we want to go with it.

> But I really like what you did of it and I have a couple of questions.
>
> Concerning the single-threaded tools, what would happen if the number of
> threads set in the xml file was >1 ?

It'd consume extra slots, but the tool itself would just run as usual.

> Could it be possible to forbid a tool to run on a given node?

Hrm.  In PBS you could do it using node properties/neednodes or resource
requirements.  I'd have to think a bit about how to do this in a more
general way in the XML.

--nate