Le 02/06/2011 21:39, Nate Coraor a écrit :
Louise-Amélie Schmitt wrote:
default_cluster_job_runner will remain for backwards compatibility, but
we'll ship a sample job_conf.xml that runs everything locally by
default.

--nate
Haha, and I did that before realizing I could do just what I needed by
writing tool-specific pbs:// URLs at the end of the config file... I'm such
an idiot.
Haha, okay, I don't think i even noticed since I was distracted by your
implementation being a step in the way we want to go with it.

damn, I shouldn't have said anything :D
But I really like what you did of it and I have a couple of questions.

Concerning the single-threaded tools, what would happen if the number of
threads set in the xml file was>1 ?
It'd consume extra slots, but the tool itself would just run as usual.

So what about an attribute in the tool tag that would notify wether the tool is actually multithreaded, so that this doesn't happen? Something like multithreaded="true/false" ?
Could it be possible to forbid a tool to run on a given node?
Hrm.  In PBS you could do it using node properties/neednodes or resource
requirements.  I'd have to think a bit about how to do this in a more
general way in the XML.

--nate

Ok thank you! :)

L-A