Hi Neil,

with your current apache configuration, you should probably see Galaxy
at http://yourip/galaxy
This is due to your Rewriterule /galaxy and for that you have also set
proxy_prefix = /galaxy in your universe_wsgi.ini

You should probably remove the empty galaxy directory under /var/www
Furthermore, most of the time you will not need a directory with 777
in your apache web/documentroot..

Cheers,
Jelle