I agree allex.
There are people I know in enterprise companies that simply don't update or secure their systems as far as ms goes or with minimal security because of the fact that any update has potentual to stuff something and since time is cash they only update the most critical and even then there is a problem.
I don't aggree with ms changing everything all the time though.
My idea was to have some sort of interface program with older and newer interfaces but using more powerfull cores.
So you could use an ie6 or win xp or even lower interface.
You would loose some visual features and such that that inteface would not have, etc. I think that its time for the blind to have some sort of over all os shell we can use that does not matter what system at least in windows we have.
I know there is classic shell but I want something more than that.
I actually like the way linux does its uac, you have your account and an admin account.
any real changes you need to login to that account to do the change.
at the same time the only time you need to bother with this  is
is when you have to modify the system and since most programs are loaded for the home user well. I think a major benifit and major course with ms is that a lot of windows apps rely on a lot of system files. Thats ok because it means that you can really have smaller programs but its not ok because if something crashes or something well you are hosed with system stuff.
Also needing all those system files well who knows.