So is it a large game would you say? How vast is the game world is it a game
with an end or is it something you just keep doing and doing?

-----Original Message-----
From: Gamers [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of dark
Sent: 04 January 2014 20:34
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] A Dark Room, now an IOS iPhone game

Hi.

Basically the game is a mix between resource management and an old fashioned

dungeon style rpg (it rather reminded me of a dos game like fallthru or
drone).

You have a village of slaves who work to get you resources like wood, fir,
scales, teeth and such. You can build different  buildings such as huts to
increase your population size, or buildings like a tanary, smoke house or
hunters lodge to give you access to other jobs to get more materials. That
end of things is sort of similar to castaways.

The difference however is that you use these  resources to  not only expand
your  village but also build  your rpg adventuring items, for example  to
enter dungeons and such you need torches which must be crafted from wood and

cloth, while the backpack needs making from leather.

The rpg end of things  reminds me of fallthru, since you are limited in the
amount of  things you can carry by your equipment, so even when you   defeat

a monster you might not be able to pick up all the loot, and you also need
to make sure you have enough water, food etc to travel around and have
encounters.

The game has some random events and  encounters, and various locations to
explore, though I've not got far in the exploring yet so I can't say how
things like dungeons work exactly, still it's an interesting one.

One very odd mechanic is that the game is actually real time like a mud, but

the developers have put a lot of work into making the game accessible. All
new events get instantly spoken, whether random occurrences or standard
things in your history, and even though everything in the game (including
hits in battle), works on cool down timers with percentages this presents no

access issues at all.

The only thing I haven't really got thus far is exactly how this fire thing
is supposed to work, since while I keep stoking the fire in the main dark
room hub of the game I'm not exactly sure what it does, though I'm guessing
bad things happen if you ignore it for too long.

Beware the grue!