Hi Dark,

Perhaps, but sometimes talking to other developers isn't always
necessary per se. Besides tutorials there is always the possibility of
looking at sample code such as the various open source retro remakes
for ideas on how to get around a certain problem.

To give you an example there is a free and open source game called
Super Tux which is in the style of Mario Brothers etc. Since it is
open source anyone can download the C code and look through it to see
how the basic mechanics work and then incorporate those concepts into
your own design. Seeing an actually working set of game mechanics is
in my opinion worth more than getting concept and theory when working
code is right there for the taking.

Cheers!