To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 6:34 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Mainstream games was sl accessibility contact details

Hi,
Yeah, and the wait between accessible game releases isn't the only reason blind gamers are looking at mainstream games. For me personally I tend to find the majority of audio games produced for the blind do not hold my personal interest. We have plenty of card games, board games, Space Invader type clones, but nothing really like the games you can get for the XBox or Playstation these days. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with card games, board games, etc but it seams to be the main focus of audio game developers. The main reason I have been working on a full 3D game engine for the blind, fairly similar to mainstream FPS engines, is that I would like to see more accessible games made like Halo, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Jedi Knight, Gear Wars, etc. Those games really hold my interest, and I will sit for hours trying to play the mainstream versions, and if there was an accessible game made like that I'd certainly be spilling my pockets to get it. However, at this point in time I find myself the only blind accessible game developer creating a game engine that can make games on the par with the mainstream games.

Orin wrote:
Most people are at least trying mainstream games, or attempting to. Wanna know why? Think about this. When in audio games did we have the last "big" rlease? Rail Racer which, as of now was released a year ago. Heck, I don't even know what the last big release was. Been so long.