Yup this is the trouble. There's very few games out there that I'd
definitely go out and buy, because of that reason.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: 26 September 2008 02:34
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: [Audyssey] Mainstream games was sl accessibility contact
details

Hi,
Yeah, and the wait between accessible game releases  isn't the only
reason blind gamers are looking at mainstream games. For me personally I

tend to find the majority of audio games produced for the blind do not
hold my personal interest. We have plenty of card games, board games,
Space Invader type clones, but nothing really like the games you can get

for the XBox or Playstation these days. I'm not saying there is anything

wrong with card games, board games, etc but it seams to be the main
focus of audio game developers.
The main reason I have been working on a full 3D game engine for the
blind, fairly similar to mainstream FPS engines, is that I would like to

see more accessible games made like Halo, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider,
Jedi Knight, Gear Wars, etc. Those games really hold my interest, and I
will sit for hours trying to play the mainstream versions, and if there
was an accessible game made like that I'd certainly be spilling my
pockets to get it. However, at this point in time I find myself the only

blind accessible game developer creating a game engine that can make
games on the par with the mainstream games.

Orin wrote:
> Most people are at least trying mainstream games, or attempting to.
> Wanna know why? Think about this. When in audio games did we have the
> last "big" rlease? Rail Racer which, as of now was released a year
> ago. Heck, I don't even know what the last big release was. Been so
long.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
list,
please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]