demitry is right though in a way, we have doom 1 and then 2 then 3 although
there are reasons why david may not choose to do this and I am sure he has
thought about it in detail I have wandered if there would be a sod2 sod 3 and
gtc 2 and 3.
I'd really like a tank game with more missions and the ability to put in
unlimited missions.

At 08:39 a.m. 19/10/2008, you wrote:
>Hi,
>There is a lot of reasons why GMA might not  want to expand upon GTC and SOD.
>Making games is a matter of time, money, and interest.
>The first thing to keep in mind is money. If a company hopes to sell a game
>after they sell x copies of a game they will reach a point where they will
>saturate the market and won't make any more money off it. Since GMA offers all
>or most upgrades for free GMA isn't making any money off continuing SOD or GTC
>any further.
>Then, there is the matter of time. Every software developer needs to decide
>how he/she is going to spend their time. Are they going to spend x hours on an
>all new revolutionary game they can sell, or they going to spend it making
>upgrades for a game that has already sold as many copies as they can sell. It
>is smarter to make the new game from that point of view.
>Finally, you have to consider the developers personal interests here. Perhaps
>David Greenwood feels GTC and Shades of Doom are complete products now. In
>that case he would have little to know interest in expanding or continuing
>development on either game since he thinks of them as finished products.
>Cheers.
>

>---

please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]