Now that's cool! Hope it works out.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2008 12:08 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] MOTA Random items.

Hi everyone,
I know earlier I said I wouldn't add random monsters and items to Mysteries of the Ancients, but I think I just changed my mind. I have done some experimental testing with randomly placing a monster in a room and as it turns out I don't think it is going to be all that difficult to do after all. I have added some experimental code to the game engine to randomly generate an enemy when the player activates a trigger. Right now I have only tested this with a couple of monsters, but it works fine. I like the new trigger method of doing things so well I am going to add the new code to the main engine as a full feature. Once I get random monsters working I can do the same with randomly triggering gold coins, healing potions, ancient scrolls, etc. Bottom line now that I figured out an easy and sane way to do it for Mysteries of the Ancients I plan to work on it this weekend. By Monday, luck be with me, I will have a game complete with random items and enemies. I don't know about you guys, but I am suddenly very excited. When the new random generator goes in this game it will blow Montezuma's Revenge away in replay value.
Cheers.