No tom its  a realtech hd on a laptop.
there are standard drivers for it but my toshiba download site does not have
the latest and judging with all the crashes I had after upgrading last time, I
suspect that the drivers I have are specially designed for this laptop as there
are no new updates for anything from toshiba.
I don't even know if things will work well or not.
Ofcause when ever I install anything on here there is always a chance it will
be rood.
I can't run klango for the same reason the system gets unstable, I have to
uninstall it, and restart it a few times as well as do some other things to get
it back to a reasonable state.
I Only reconise the crackles in headphones but they are getting quite bad.
At 06:25 a.m. 3/12/2008, you wrote:
>Hi Shaun,
>What kind of card is in your box? I haven't noticed any crackle like that on
>my laptop or even on my main Windows desktop.That sounds like your sound card
>not the game.
>
>shaun everiss wrote:
>>Hi all.
>>I usually don't post a big thing like this but feel I must.
>>I have played terraformers and mudsplat on my high def card.
>>While its true that this card has its share of crackles etc with speech, and
>>other things.
>>Well most games work well.
>>the bavisoft games crackle but not to badly.
>>terraformers crackles loads and in some parts of the game sonar locks on one
>>object even though it aint there anymore or rather I am moving away from it.
>>This is not good, as I need to do weird navigation things to get round it.
>>Mudsplat is much worse.
>>I loaded it up and usually I put hal to sleep, I had to exit hal as it kept
>>crashing.
>>after this I found the sound really bad.
>>These games are the only 2 that actually sound bad everyone's games becides
>>those 2 actually work.
>>I tried upgrading sound drivers but  it made the crackle worse and the system
>>crashed so I roled back.
>>My drivers for the card in the laptop have not been updated at least they
>>havn't when I tried to download these.
>>

>>---
>>If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>

>---

please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]