its off when I am not using the card.
this crackle is worse with headphones than speakers.
the switch on the laptop is off, do you mean disable my wireless card in device
manager or stop wireless from starting up.
I suppose I could try that but I really don't want to,  the switch for this
wireless is off.
Turning off the connection programs may make some difference.