Hi John.

As far as specifically audio games, the answer is there aren't any.

There is sound rts, but that's deffinately closer to warcraft than Civilization, and the objective is pretty heavily battle focused.

On the other hand there are a hole load of online resource and empire management games played in a web brouser, many of which are accessible with a screen reader.

Most of them are also along the lines of "Build an empire and fight off other player's empires" but not all, and even in many of the ones that are, options exist to play piecefully, or just concentrate on trade and land expantion.

One game I know that does this is warring factions http://www.war-facts.com/

I know there are people who play using screen readers, but I personally have never managed to get on with that one, ----- though I'm not sure how much of that is due to the complexity of the game, and how much to the layout.

The big daddy of them all is of course nationstates, ---- and now the apparently bigger and more extensive nationstates 2 which lets you fully customize your nation complete with setting tax wrate etc.

I've been playing the original Ns for a very long time (though I admit a lot of that is social), and Ns 2 is in that ever growing "stuff I need to try" pile.

The home page for the original nationstates, ---- which I believe has links to Ns2 is http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi

And everything there is absolutely, totally %100 screen reader accessible.

hth.

Btw, if 7-128 ever does! create any world building games, I'd deffinately be interested.

Beware the Grue!

please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]