Hi Tom.

I'll look over freeciv with Hal, and then have a think and contact the devs.

In my experience, people who are highly dedicated to projects like freeciv are often incredibly happy that their pet creations will be accessible, and quite willing to make a few changes here and there.

Fully rewriting the front end or adding complete sapi support might be a bit of a big thing to ask, ----- but if there were some more minimal changes, ---- eg, changes in layout or labling which could help, I've often found that small dedicated groups of developers are incredibly happy to make such changes.

Actually, in these sorts of situations, I often think working with the creators of games and programs like Freeciv is an incredibly good thing for everyone, and better than either A, giving up on something entirely, or B, trying to just keep it within the Vi gaming community.

Just my personal thoughts on this subject after being in a good many of those sorts of conversations with devs.

Beware the Grue!

please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]