yeah its funny.
When I had the crappy soundmax I wanted something better something like a
realtech ac97.
Now I have the stripped down hd version and I can't actually use it to record
in stereo mix with the mic on which really is a crout.
I do have a system that has soundmax but I need to reformat it as things just
are not set right.
or need someone to fix it.
pluss its needed that I move my laptop somewhere else while I get it.
Grrrr.
Oh well in a year or so The main dumb crappy box will be upgraded so I may get
some crappy thing I can use for recordings.
At 02:02 a.m. 7/12/2008, you wrote:
>Hi,
>Yeah, I have a Soundmax in my Ubuntu Linux desktop. I don't do a lot of gaming
>on it so the sound card serves my purposes quite nicely. One thing I can say
>for the Soundmax AC-97 cards is that they work with practically every OS I've
>tried them in. I've tried various Linux brands, Windows, and even freeBSD with
>good results. The cards are pretty good for us open source types.
>
>shaun everiss wrote:
>>Well I get the cheap cards with my laptops and desktops because they are
>>internal about themselves.
>>A nice no frills card is the soundmax.
>>its not much but its ok.
>>I have an sb16 also.
>>The last card that I have had that was a pci card was a forte media fm801.
>>Its a pitty that toshiba are not using yamaha as they used to.
>>Everything used to be yamaha but now its soundmax and realtech crappy.
>>

>---

please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]