Hi Shaun,
I see. Well, right now I am just in the brain storming stage so the actual programming language, sound support, story line, etc is all up in the air at this point. For example, I imagine some sort of gamebook method using Sapi support and menus might be more interesting to gamers than a text interface. Instead of typing north followed by enter some may feel more comfortable selecting the direction from a menu. Instead of having to type save all the time they might want to use a command such as control-s. In such a case a game written in C-Sharp might be better than C++ since SDL Input and Sapi might be more desirable to more gamers. Its all relative right now.

shaun everiss wrote:
I meant the sounds wouldn't have to be off profesional standard if at all.
In fact they could just be voiceovers of things which I am more than happy to
do and maybe some clicks and beeps maybe some footsteps and fighting sfx, but
if its to much trouble and you don't want to go comercial and fully opensource
then don't worry about sfx.