 It also probably does reduce the cost of hosting the games.
 I am not into this but it must cost devs here some cash for each mb downloaded.
 Therefore if the games are small enough it makes sence not to bother
with downloads.
End quote

yes, that is true. Most web hosting companies charges a certain amount
for the amount of bandwidth you use. As a result if you have a lot of
e-mail, software downloads, unusually high number of people visiting
your web site, etc that all adds up and takes away from your bandwidth
alotment.
For example, USA Games has a commercial web hosting plan that gives us
quite a bit of bandwidth. I believe it is a 4 GB bandwidth alotment
per month. Everytime someone visits the USA Games web site, downloads
a file, or sends me e-mail via one of my USA Games mailing addresses
it takes a few points off of my bandwith alotment. If I should go over
4 GB a month I would then end up owing extra money that month to pay
for the extra bandwidth used.
Ian doesn't strike me as the type who would want to pay for commercial
grade web hosting plans, and also wouldn't like getting a bill at the
end of the month if someone happened to exceed his bandwidth alotment.
So this would be a very good reason why he might not want to offer
downloads.
Smile.